LJUBLJANA MBA Alumni and professor Mojmir Mrak are organizing a special discussion for the members of the LJUBLJANA MBA Community.
»Euro-area governance and the 2021-2027 EU budget arrangements: where do stand and where do we go?
Mojmir Mrak has more than 25 years of experience in designing and implementing the Slovenian Government’s policy in areas of international finance and EU accession / financial issues. Between 1992 and 1996, he was the Chief External Debt Negotiator of the Republic of Slovenia and was responsible for Slovenia’s early credit arrangements with the EBRD and with the IBRD. Later on, between 1997-2004, he acted as the Chief Advisor of the Slovenian Government on financial aspects of the country’s EU accession process. Over the recent years, he has been providing analytical support for Slovenia’s negotiations with respect to the medium-term financial perspectives of the EU for the 2007-2013, 2014-2020 and 2012-2027 periods. Mojmir Mrak also had numerous consultancy assignments on macro-fiscal and EU accession issues for international organizations as well as for governments of several countries in the region of South Eastern Europe.
The disccusion will include:
• How the EU and euro-area governance has changed from its beginning over the global financial crisis until the ongoing COVID crisis?
• Why the euro-area performs much better under the current COVID crisis than under the global financial crisis a decade ago?
• How the recent EU budget deal for the 2021-2027period including the New Generation EU instrument fits into the EU and euro-area economic governance?
• Why programming and effective use of EU funds for the 2021-2027 period is so important?
• Main challenges for economic governance of the euro-area in the forthcoming period?
THURSDAY, 28.1.2021, 18.00-19.00